March Means Goodbye Winter and Hello Spring, AND a Great Time to Pressure Wash Your Home
So, how is your house looking after this long winter? Are the gutters full of last fall leaves? Does the siding on the shady side of the house make you think of St. Patrick’s Day? Can you tell the difference between the black streaks and the pattern in your shingles? Are your windows covered in so much filth that the sun hardly lights up the room?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, its time to call Extra Mile Powerwashing in Bunker Hill, WV. The reason to call now is two-fold. You can schedule our cleaning experts on your time frame and not whatever appointments are left. AND, by cleaning it now, your home will be beautiful in time for the green grass and colorful blooms to add the finishing touches.
When it comes to pressure washing and other cleaning services, we are the Charles Town-area experts. Our services include house washing; gutter, concrete, deck and fence cleaning; and softwash cleaning of roofs.
Now we know the cold isn’t completely gone. We know this because you are inside reading this blog right now instead of playing outside. So while you are considering a March date for your pressure washing appointment, enjoy these great facts about the month.
Great Things About March
If you’re a sports fan, the words “March” and “Madness” go together like peanut butter and jelly. But, if you aren’t a college basketball fan, then consider these great things from the Old Farmer’s Almanac about the third month of the calendar year.
Special March Dates
- March 5: Mardi Gras (“Fat Tuesday”) or Shrove Tuesday. Read more about this holiday.
- March 8: International Women’s Day. Click here to learn more about this celebration.
- March 10: Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 A.M. Don’t forget to “spring forward” and set your clocks ahead one hour!
- March 15: The Ides of March. Beware the Ides of March!
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day. Read more about about the traditional Irish holiday known as St. Patrick’s Day.
- March 20: The vernal equinox, marking the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, occurs on Wednesday, March 20, at 5:58 P.M. EDT. On this day, the Sun rises due east and sets due west. In the Southern Hemisphere, this date marks the autumnal equinox. Read more about the First Day of Spring!
- March 22: World Water Day brings attention to the need for safe drinking water for nearly one-third of the earth’s population. Click here to help solve this issue.
Getting Outdoors in March
- Planning a vegetable garden? Try the Almanac Garden Planner for free!
- Wondering when to plant what? Check out our free location-based Planting Calender to see when to start seeds and transplant in your area.
- Just getting started with gardening? Check out this Vegetable Gardening for Beginners Guide, as well as this numerous veggie, fruit, flower, and herb Growing Guides.
- Do you have birdhouses? Do a spring cleaning before tenants arrive for the season. Learn how to attract birds to your garden!
- Spring means fishing! See when the Best Days to Fish this year are for better results.
To schedule a pressure washing appointment, call Extra Mile’s Martinsburg, WV office at 304-904-0500 or contact us here. We’re always happy to provide a free estimate.
Our service areas include:
Bunker Hill WV 25413 | Inwood WV 25428 | Kearneysville WV 25429 | Kearneysville WV 25430 | Shepherdstown WV 25443 | Glengary WV 25420 | Charles Town WV 25414 | Ranson WV 25414 | Martinsburg WV 25401 | Martinsburg WV 25402 | Martinsburg WV 25403 | Martinsburg WV 25404 | Falling Waters WV 25419 | Harpers Ferry WV 25425 | Hedgesville WV 25427 | Winchester VA 22601 | Winchester VA 22602 | Winchester VA 22603 | Winchester VA 22604 | Cross Junction VA 22625 | Clear Brook VA 22624